Watts Creek was on Watts Creek near present day Farm Road 1176 six miles east of Coleman in Coleman County. The creek was named for Lem and John Watts, who moved to Texas to join another brother, a soldier at Camp Colorado, in 1860. The Watts Creek settlers built a church in the area in the days when a guard accompanied the children to the school to protect them from Indians. In 1905 A. G. Weaver gave land for a new school to be built. Five years later a one-room building was erected and named Watts Creek School. The social life of Watts Creek centered around outdoor, church, and school activities and included rabbit drives at which the men and boys participated and the women served lunch. In the 1930s the community had a church and a number of scattered dwellings. In the late 1980s no information was available on the community.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Watts Creek is part of or belongs to the following places:
Watts Creek is classified as a Town
Has Post Office