Wesco

Wesco is at the junction of Farm roads 1321 and 1474, two miles east of Lefors in central Gray County. Originally it was the location of a carbon black plant owned by the Western Carbon Company. Since the 1950s the community has declined with the carbon black industry and the growth of both Lefors and Pampa. The population was seven in 2000.

Continue Reading

H. Allen Anderson | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Wesco is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Wesco is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 35.43338020
Longitude: -100.76319620

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No