Wyche was in southeastern Deaf Smith County. It was named for John S. Wyche, who moved to the county in 1895 and built the first school on his land four years later. At one time the community was called Alayone. Part of it was known as Boiling Spring because of a spring that was a continuous source of running water until the 1950s, when deep-well irrigation lowered the water table. The Wyche school, which also served as a church and community center, remained active until 1937, when its district was consolidated with that of Hereford. Since then the community has gradually been absorbed by the county seat's expansion.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Wyche is part of or belongs to the following places:
Wyche is classified as a Town
- (Boiling Spring)
Has Post Office